SecurityWeek RSS Feed Latest IT Security News and Expert Insights Via RSS Feed
- Nikkei Says Customer Data Likely Impacted in Ransomware Attackby Ionut Arghire on May 20, 2022 at 12:37
Asian media giant Nikkei has disclosed a ransomware attack that might have impacted customer data. read more
- New Brute Force Attacks Against SQL Servers Use PowerShell Wrapperby Ionut Arghire on May 20, 2022 at 12:15
Microsoft has warned organizations of a new wave of brute force cyberattacks that target SQL servers and use a rather uncommon living-off-the-land binary (LOLBin). Specifically, the attackers rely on a legitimate utility called sqlps.exe to achieve fileless persistence on SQL servers that use weak or default passwords. read more
- DoJ Will No Longer Use CFAA to Charge Ethical Hackersby Ionut Arghire on May 20, 2022 at 11:45
The United States Department of Justice has announced that it would no longer charge ethical hackers under the controversial Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA). read more
- Pro-Russian Hackers Spread Hoaxes to Divide Ukraine, Alliesby Associated Press on May 19, 2022 at 17:50
As Ukrainians flooded into Poland earlier this year to flee Russian invaders, a hacking group aligned with the Kremlin sought to spread rumors that criminal gangs were waiting to harvest the organs of child refugees. read more
- Researchers Spot Supply Chain Attack Targeting GitLab CI Pipelinesby Ryan Naraine on May 19, 2022 at 17:35
Security researchers at SentinelLabs are calling attention to a software chain supply attack targeting Rust developers with malware aimed directly at infecting GitLab Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines. read more
- Phishers Add Chatbot to the Phishing Lureby Kevin Townsend on May 19, 2022 at 14:13
Researchers have discovered a new approach being taken by phishers to increase victim engagement and confidence: the addition of an interactive chatbot. We have all become accustomed to the chatbots used by many of the largest service providers – they are annoying, but something we must navigate. read more
- QuSecure Lauches Quantum-Resilient Encryption Platformby Kevin Townsend on May 19, 2022 at 14:01
New firm launches to provide the Easy Button for implementing quantum secure encryption The pressure to implement quantum secure encryption is increasing. This isn’t because functioning quantum computers able to crack asymmetric encryption are expected tomorrow, but because of the growing belief they could become available in five- or ten-years’ time. read more
- Cloud Data Security Firm Dig Emerges From Stealth With $11 Million in Fundingby Eduard Kovacs on May 19, 2022 at 12:30
Israel-based cloud data security company Dig Security on Thursday announced emerging from stealth mode with $11 million in seed funding. Dig’s seed funding round was led by Israeli startup foundry Team8, with participation from CrowdStrike’s Falcon Fund, CyberArk, Merlin Ventures, and several angel investors. read more
- US Recovers $15 Million From Ad Fraud Groupby Ionut Arghire on May 19, 2022 at 10:36
United States authorities announced this week that they have retrieved more than $15 million in illicit proceeds derived from the advertising fraud scheme known as “3ve.” read more
- Enterprise Data Protection Company Seclore Raises $27 Millionby Ionut Arghire on May 19, 2022 at 10:18
Enterprise data protection company Seclore this week announced that it has received $27 million in Series C growth funding, which brings the total raised by the firm to $46 million. The new investment round was led by Origami Capital Partners and Oquirrh Venture, and will allow Seclore to accelerate the development of its data security platform. read more
Tech Business news related to the technology industry, including Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, Google, and Facebook, plus consumer electronics, start-ups, cryptocurrency, media, advertising, streaming, venture capital, antitrust and regulation.
- Renault reveals electric-hydrogen hybrid concept car, says it will have range of up to 497 mileson May 20, 2022 at 14:34
Renault’s idea of developing a passenger vehicle that uses hydrogen technology is not unique.
- Report says SpaceX paid woman over Musk sex misconduct claim – he denies ‘wild accusations’on May 20, 2022 at 13:49
SpaceX founder Elon Musk said in a tweet late Thursday that “wild accusations” against him are not true.
- EV maker Lucid to accelerate plans with its Saudi Arabia factory, its first outside the U.S.on May 20, 2022 at 09:50
The manufacturing facility will be able to produce 155,000 vehicles a year, and will initially serve the local market, the luxury car maker said.
- Apple reportedly showed off its mixed-reality headset to board of directorson May 20, 2022 at 00:40
The company’s last major new product category was the Apple Watch, which was previewed in the fall of 2014 and released in 2015.
- Palo Alto Networks stock jumps after company lifts full-year forecaston May 19, 2022 at 22:25
Palo Alto Networks is benefiting from positive trends in demand for cybersecurity services, CEO Nikesh Arora said in a statement.
- Why Tesla was kicked out of the S&P 500’s ESG indexon May 19, 2022 at 22:14
The S&P said that Tesla’s “lack of a low-carbon strategy,” and “codes of business conduct” affected the company’s score.
- Labor group accuses Apple of interrogating, surveilling staff at World Trade Center storeon May 19, 2022 at 20:42
CWA alleged Apple interrogated and surveilled staff, restricted them from posting union fliers and made them attend mandatory anti-union speeches.
- Tether claims its stablecoin is now partially backed by non-U.S. government bondson May 19, 2022 at 20:34
Tether said it now owns around $286 million in non-U.S. government bonds.
- Cisco stock falls 13% after company projects unexpected revenue declineon May 19, 2022 at 20:02
The company projected an unexpected sales decline for the current quarter, citing supply chain issues tied in part to Covid-19 lockdowns in China.
- Ex-Amazon engineers roll out their smart shopping carts in Albertsons storeson May 19, 2022 at 18:43
Companies like Amazon, Instacart and others have launched smart grocery carts that aim to speed up the shopping process.
Threatpost The First Stop For Security News
- Closing the Gap Between Application Security and Observabilityby Threatpost on May 20, 2022 at 12:42
Daniel Kaar, global director application security engineering at Dynatrace, highlights the newfound respect for AppSec-enabled observability in the wake of Log4Shell.
- 380K Kubernetes API Servers Exposed to Public Internetby Elizabeth Montalbano on May 20, 2022 at 11:11
More than 380,000 of the 450,000-plus servers hosting the open-source container-orchestration engine for managing cloud deployments allow some form of access.
- Critical Vulnerability in Premium WordPress Themes Allows for Site Takeoverby Elizabeth Montalbano on May 19, 2022 at 13:03
Privilege escalation flaw discovered in the Jupiter and JupiterX Core Plugin affects more than 90,000 sites.
- DOJ Says Doctor is Malware Mastermindby Nate Nelson on May 18, 2022 at 14:36
The U.S. Department of Justice indicts middle-aged doctor, accusing him of being a malware mastermind.
- APTs Overwhelmingly Share Known Vulnerabilities Rather Than Attack O-Daysby Elizabeth Montalbano on May 18, 2022 at 14:01
Research indicates that organizations should make patching existing flaws a priority to mitigate risk of compromise.
- April VMware Bugs Abused to Deliver Mirai Malware, Exploit Log4Shellby Sagar Tiwari on May 18, 2022 at 13:54
Researchers say a GitHub proof-of-concept exploitation of recently announced VMware bugs is being abused by hackers in the wild.
- Sysrv-K Botnet Targets Windows, Linuxby Sagar Tiwari on May 17, 2022 at 13:53
Microsoft researchers say they are tracking a botnet that is leveraging bugs in the Spring Framework and WordPress plugins.
- iPhones Vulnerable to Attack Even When Turned Offby Elizabeth Montalbano on May 17, 2022 at 13:19
Wireless features Bluetooth, NFC and UWB stay on even when the device is powered down, which could allow attackers to execute pre-loaded malware.
- Microsoft’s May Patch Tuesday Updates Cause Windows AD Authentication Errorsby Sagar Tiwari on May 16, 2022 at 11:46
Microsoft’s May Patch Tuesday update is triggering authentication errors.
- Threat Actors Use Telegram to Spread ‘Eternity’ Malware-as-a-Serviceby Elizabeth Montalbano on May 13, 2022 at 12:06
An account promoting the project—which offers a range of threat activity from info-stealing to crypto-mining to ransomware as individual modules—has more than 500 subscribers.
No feed items found.